Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Worst Call Of My Life (so far) Came Today

I got the call I have feared for 7 months now. My Daddy had an appt with Dr. Danko this morning to get the results of the scan he had last week. The doctor was hopeful a week ago that things were going well, however that changed today. The cancer is throughout his body and there is nothing more that can be medically done. My Dad was told that he will have no further appts with his doctor and that he should make his "arrangements". He will be put on hospice tomorrow and will have meds for the pain but thats it.

How much time he has left is unclear, though Dad did tell me he doesn't think he'll last the month.

I wish I knew how to do this. I have had the wind knocked out of me and can't catch my breath. I can't even imagine what he's feeling. I know he's scared and there is nothing I can do to help him. This is a very helpless feeling.

Another Sampson family funeral? God help me because I can't keep doing this.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. We all love Uncle Dale so much. Atleast we have such a supportive family around us all of the time. Love and hugs-mindi

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

Don't know what to say other than I love you cousin! We're ALL here and will band together to help make this time easier for Uncle D. He's got soooo much love and support behind him, and so do you and Delta.