Monday, October 13, 2008

My Daddy

Jesse and I spent the weekend with Dad again this weekend. He seemed to be doing pretty well considering all he is dealing with. I got to meet Ken, his caregiver, what a nice man. He seems to really care for Dad.

Dad's pain level was pretty high. I think he tried to put on a brave face for me but I could tell he was hurting. He had an episode yesterday that scared me a little bit. He was napping on his couch and had a very sharp pain in his back that caused him to scream in pain. I ran over to him to help him sit up so I could rub his back. He looked ready to cry. It broke my heart. It kills me that I can't take this away and other than rubbing his back or making sure he takes his meds, there is nothing I can do!!

I called him this morning and he sounded awful. He was in so much pain. He told me that he was waiting for a call back from the hospice nurse. Apparently she was calling Dr. Danko to see about changing his meds from Dilotid to Phentinol. He said that if that doesn't work, the next step is hospitalization. It scares me to even think of that because it brings back memories of Gramma Bonnie.

I can't stand the thought of losing my Dad.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

How scary, hopefully his meds can be fixed so at least he wont be in pain, so sad.