Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update on Dad

Dad's meds have been changed again. His pain level is still pretty high and so the decision was made to put him back on Methadone. He is now taking that 3 times a day.

Debra, his hospice nurse called me at work today, she informed me that Dad was going to be taken by ambulance to the Hospice House up by Sacred Heart hospital for the next few days in order to get his pain under control. He will have 24 hour care there which makes me feel better. Brandi is going up there this weekend and I am still not sure what to do. I might just play it by ear and see how things go. If I'm needed though, I'm there.

I am trying to arrange for leave under the Family Medical Leave Act which allows me up to 12 weeks per year of unpaid leave. I hope the boss is gracious and doesn't give me any grief about this. He keeps telling me to remember the "good times" but hasn't come out and said anything about me going up there. I am trying to limit visits to the weekends now but I know that when the time comes, I will be up there for several days.

1 comment:

NICHOLE said...

You are in my prayers, keep being brave and keep a smile for your dad...he needs it. Love ya!