Friday, September 5, 2008

Its Friday and I wish I were more excited about the weekend.

My former brother in law, JR is getting married tomorrow and Ryan is in the wedding. Because of the way Scott has been so absent in their lives (and I'm not just talking about when they were in Texas) I was reluctant to let him take them. I decided that since it was important to them I would let them go tonight. How I wish I could punch his face in when I see him though.

He hasn't seen the kids since July 6th and missed his Labor Day weekend visitation because he was hunting, even though he knew he was supposed to have them. And now, other than tonight and tomorrow, he is missing next weeks visitation as well. Priorities? He has one, HIMSELF.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to make this situation work for everyone involved I wouold love to hear them. Other than taking visitation away altogether I don't know what else to do and I'm not sure even that is a god idea because of my kids.

Sometimes being a parent sucks. Especially if you're a divorved parent that is just trying to keep things in balance.

1 comment:

Melanie Kym said...

Oh man, I so feel your pain on this issue. My childrens' biological father has not seen them but one time in the last 5 years. What a loser. And it's so hard because you want to rag on them and can't because you don't want to hurt the kids. I wish I had some advice, but alas I do not! The only thing I would say is to always let it be up to the kids whether they want to see him or not. If he flakes, then super mom (you) is there to love and support them through it. When they're older they will know who was there for them and who was not. Loves!